Pages

Friday 30 January 2015

Kraze Burgers

2 Bayfront Avenue, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands (Canal level), Singapore 018972
Overpriced burgers from Korea. 

So Kraze burger is a burger franchise from Korea that's made its way to Singapore. It's currently located in one of the MOST expensive shopping malls in Singapore, which may explain some of the whacked out prices. 

For example, a burger is 14-18 SGD, which I can accept since I'm used to Fatboys pricing (link). However, for that price, I also expect a certain quality. But the really ridiculous price is the fact that Chili Cheese Fries cost 10 SGD at the place. 

Anyway, I ordered a Semi-Nude and this is what I got. Presentation wise it was fairly decent but taste wise, it was only really quite average. The patty was rather small; being slightly bigger than a normal McDonalds cheeseburger patty, and rather tough. To be honest, it was a lot tougher than I would have expected for this price. And the food was what I would charitably call 'luke-warm', and this is me being charitable. And considering there's a huge sign at the restaurant saying that the food may take a while because they're all cooked on-site, being luke-warm is a sin. 

Overall, I'd say this was a below-average meal but that's because the price makes you expect a lot more. For the type of food that the chain serves, it's better off sticking to the 10SGD and below category of pricing; which ironically is what the burgers cost in S.Korea. For 18bucks however? Their quality doesn't merit that price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment