Pages

Saturday 14 December 2013

Harbinger vs Kromac

So I've been working on a Harbinger list at 50 points. 


Menoth
The Harbinger of Menoth
-    Hierophant
-    Reckoner
The Covenant of Menoth
Wracks
Vassal of Menoth
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Vassal of Menoth
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts:
Exemplar Errants - Leader and 9 Grunts:
-    Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard
Exemplar Bastions - Leader and 4 Grunts: 

Circle
Kromac
-Feral
-Stalker
-Gorax

WoldStalkers
WoldStalkers
Shifting Stones
Shifting stones with UA
Gallows Grove


We end up playing Scenario 12; Incursion and I go 2nd. The trollkin models were lent to me to represent the Wracks and the Bastion Seneschal. 

Turn 1
-Wild Aggression goes onto the Stalker. Inviolable Resolve goes onto the Feral and he casts warpath on himself. Kromac ends up hiding behind impassable terrain that I also can't see through. One unit of wold stalkers go up the right flank while the other goes up the left. The gallows grove pops up the right. Shifting stones pop to the right so he can teleport twice if need be. Stalker goes up on the right, followed by the gorax while Feral goes on the left. 
+1 focus to Reckoner. Choir moves up and sings battle. Reckoner assaults a woldstalker, kills it. Then vassal moves up and gives it an ancillary attack and it kills another wold stalker. The errants run up front, spacing themselves out. Rhupert gives them tough. The book follows up and says no KD. Hierophant gives the Harbinger -1 to spell cost. Harbinger gets an extra focus from a wrack,charges up to an errant, kills it. I fail tough but I matyrdom it anyway. I take 1 pt of damage. I'm now next to the Reckoner. Harbinger purifies and then feats.  Bastions run up behind. 

Turn 2
-So the moment he walks in, he burns. Interesting. The gallows groves pops further up field towards the right. Since it's a placement effect, the feat doesn't affect him at all. The left stones teleport to the right and contest the left flag as well. The Feral moves backwards. The stalkers do not move at all, on both sides. Kromac is so worried about a measly pow 14 he decides to stay where he is, even though my opponent nows this scenario has KB and he's within KB. His turn ends. 
+Uh, 2 CP to me? Yay? At this point, I can kill everything and gain the last few CP I need to win. First, Reckoner gets 3 focus. I measure and make sure my jack is within 10" of the objective. It is. Choir sings battle. It charges up into the objective and kills it with focus left to spare. That's 1 CP. Harbinger walks over to dominate the flag. Another 2CP. Game over

Thoughts on game
Turns out my opponent thought about trying to assassinate Harbinger even though she was camping on focus. Not sure how wise that would have been but we played it out anyway and he missed on several attack rolls which meant he failed. Even with Wild Agression and primal on. But then again, he knows his dice rolls tend to have a tendency to roll low at the critical moment since this is the same guy who left my judicator at 1hp against Kromac and with ONE functioning arm and then had that same judicator turn around and beat Kromac to death with that same arm. Otoh, taking a killbox was really really risky because I really really could have taken that objective so easily. He could have sent a warbeast in to delay me but I would have just eaten that warbeast up for lunch probably with the Reckoner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment