Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Vlad3 vs Strakhov

In which the dice really really troll me several times

Khador
Vlad3
-Conquest
-wardog

Uhlans
Kovnik Markov
Fenris

Khador
Strakhov
-Spriggan
-wardog

Drakhun
eEiryss
Great bears
Fenris
Widowmakers
Eliminators
Eliminators

Right, I'm just testing out how Conquest will do in a Vlad3 list, what with infernal machine on him. I win deployment and go first.

Turn 1
-Hand of Fate on Uhlans. Infernal Machine on Conquest. Everything else runs up. I'm now next to the objective. 
+Hm, turns out I'm very very close to Strakhov who then feats on turn 1. I totally forgot about that. Great bears charge and kill some Uhlans. Drakhun moves up to screen Strakhov.

Turn 2
-Vlad is within 14" of Strakhov. I decided to try and go for an assassination run. I take the counter charge from the Drakhun which hurts even with 7 focus on. Yet, somehow with 7 focus on Vlad, I still fail to kill Strakhov, he's with 3 life. I do manage to kill the wardog so I sprint back. I try to kill the Drakhun with Fenris who should be able to do it with his attacks. I hit with the impact, but fail to penetrate his armor. Then for the charge attack I proceed to roll...1,1. Right....I roll my 2nd attack and it comes up...1,1. At this point I'm facepalming. Uhlans would charge Strakhov but they're blocked by the Great bears so I kill them and try to block charge lanes. Conquest squishes his Fenris.
+It's not enough to save me. His widowmakers walk up and shoot Vlad. Thanks to being dry, their shots can hurt. Then his eliminators charge Vlad thanks to acrobatics and do a combo strike on him. Vlad dies horribly.

Thoughts on game
Hmm, Conquest doesn't fit in as well into the list as I would have liked. Mostly because due to fitting the Uhlans into the list, I ended up with fewer models than I would have liked. Either the Uhlans or the Conquest would have to go but since the theme of Vlad3 is 'Charge of the Horselords', I would prefer to have some cavalry with him. Plus Conquest can't benefit from the feat anyway due to not being able to move outside of his normal movement phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment